2. The Inspector will perform a visual inspection and prepare a written report oft he apparent condition of the readily
accessible installed systems and components of the property existing at the time of the inspection. Latent and
concealed defects and deficiencies are excluded from the inspection.
3. The Parties agree to the Standards of Practice & Canons of Ethics for Ohio Licensed Home Inspectors (the
Standards) shall define the standards of duty and the conditions,limitations, and exclusions of the inspection and
is incorporated by reference here in. Links to the Standards of Practice and Canons of Ethics are below.
4. The parties understand and agree that the Inspector and its employees and its agents assume no liability or
responsibility for the costs of repairing or replacing any unreported defects or deficiencies current or arising in the future
or any property damage, consequential damage or bodily injury of any nature. Ifrepairsorreplacementisdone without
giving the inspector the required notice, the Inspector will have no liability to the Client. The client further agrees that
the Inspector is liable only up to the cost of the inspection.
5. The Parties agree and understand the Inspector is not an insurer or guarantor against defects in the structure,
items, components or systems inspected. INSPECTOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE
FITNESS FOR USE, CONDITION, PERFORMANCE OR ADEQUACY OF ANY INSPECTED STRUCTURE, ITEM,
COMPONENT, OR SYSTEM.
6. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective spouses,
heirs and successors.
7. This Agreement, including the terms and conditions on the second page, represents the entire agreement between the
parties and there are no other agreements either written or oral between them. This Agreement shall be amended only by
written agreement signed by both parties.This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of
the State of Ohio. Client has read this entire Agreement and accepts and understands this Agreement as hereby
Additional Terms, Conditions, and Limitations
8. Systems, items, and conditions which are not within the scope of the building inspection include, but are not limited
to: radon (unless added and paid for by client), formaldehyde, lead paint, asbestos, toxic or flammable materials,
molds, fungi or other environmental hazards; pest infestation; security and fire protection systems; humidifiers;
paint, wallpaper and other treatments to windows, interior walls, ceilings and floors; recreational equipment or
facilities; underground storage tanks, energy efficiency measurements; concealed or private secured systems;
water wells; heating systems accessories; heat exchangers; solar heating systems; sprinkling systems; water
softener; central vacuum systems, telephone, intercom or cable TV systems; antennae, lightning arrestors, trees
or plants; governing codes, or ordinances, statutes and covenants. Client understands that these systems, items
and conditions are excepted from this inspection. Any general comments about these systems, items and
conditions and the Remark section of the written report are informal only and DO NOT represent an inspection.
9. The Inspection and report are performed and prepared for the sole and exclusive use and possession of the Client.
No other person or entity may rely on the report issued pursuant to this Agreement. In the event that any person, not a
party to this Agreement, makes any claim against Inspector, its employees or agents, arising out of the services
performed by the Inspector under this Agreement, the Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Inspector
from any and all damages, expenses, costs and attorney fees arising from such claims.
10. The inspection will not include an appraisal of the value or a survey.The written report is not a compliance
inspection or certification for pastor present governmental codes or regulation of any kind.
11. Any claim arising out of or related to any act or omission of the Inspector in connection with the inspection of
the property shall be made in writing and reported to the Inspector within fourteen (14) business days of discovery
and to allow Inspector a reasonable opportunity to re-inspect the issue giving rise to the claim before undertaking
any repairs. Client agrees that a failure to comply with the terms of this paragraph shall constitute a waiver of such
12. The Client agrees that total liability of the Inspector for any and all damages whatsoever arising out of or in any
way related to this Agreement shall not exceed the fee paid to the Inspector hereunder.
13. Any dispute, controversy, interpretation or claim including claims for, but not limited to, breach of contract,
any form of negligence, fraud or misrepresentation arising out of, from or related to this contract or arising out of,
from or related to the inspection and inspection report shall be commenced within one year of the date of the
inspection, without regard to the date the breach is discovered. Any action not brought within that one-year time
period shall be barred, without regard to any other limitations period set forth by law or statute.
14. In the event of litigation relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, the non-prevailing party shall
reimburse the prevailing party for all reasonable attorney fees and costs resulting there from.
15. No Rule Of Construction: The parties acknowledge that each of them has had ample opportunity for their own
counsel to participate in negotiating and drafting this Agreement. Therefore, no rule of construction shall apply to
this Agreement that construes ambiguous or unclear language in favor of or against any party.
16. If any provision or provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict
with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any
way be affected or impaired thereby.
17. The failure by one party to require performance of any provision shall not affect that party’s right to require
performance at any time thereafter, nor shall a waiver of any breach or default of this Contract constitute a waiver
of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself.
I.Apparent Conditions: Systems and components are rated as follows: Acceptable, Functional with No Obvious Signs
of Defect Not Present; Item not Present or Not Found Not Inspected, Item was not able to be inspected for safety
reasons, or due to lack of power, inaccessible, or disconnected at the time of inspection. Marginal, Item is Not Fully
Functional and Requires Repair or Servicing. Defective, Item Needs immediate Repair or Replacement. It is unable to
perform its intended Function.
2. Installed systems and components: structural components; exterior; interior; roofing; plumbing; electrical; heating;
central air-conditioning (weather permitting); insulation and ventilation.
3. Readily accessible systems and components where Inspector is not required to remove personal items, furniture,
equipment, soil, snow, or other items which obstruct access or visibility.